Re: Network Attached Storage as MP3 jukebox?

Ewen Cameron wrote:

> Happy new year.
>
> As I don't like to leave the desktop on 24x7 (Laptop is off most of
> the time) is it possible to run Slimp3 type boxes (maybe the new
> Creative one available in US) off NAS?  Is NAS overpriced and is it
> better to just leave the PC on?

ISTR there's one of those cheapy USB HD NAS boxes that can be hacked to
run slimserver. I'll see if I can find the link...

> I think I'm the last person in the UK to get broadband - can I get a
> wireless modem router that included NAS?  I can't find one.

Check ebay for a Toshiba Magnia server. They can take a wireless PCMCIA
card and have space for 2 2.5" HDs (or maybe 1 3.5" one?). Ought
to be
able to run slimserver as wel as it's linux based.

Jim