RE: Network Attached Storage as MP3 jukebox?

  • Subject: RE: Network Attached Storage as MP3 jukebox?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:44:15 -0000

Something like a Highpoint RocketRAID 404 (will take eight IDE drives and
d=
RAID5) will cost you about a ton (I use one) and 200Gb IDE drives are =A362
(*INC VAT* :-O ) from www.komplett.co.uk.

I was using 8 x 160Gb drives on one (as RAID0) for ages with no problems.

I have now moved all 16 x 160Gb drives out into some external 8 bay
firewir=
enclosures and need to start populating the Highpoint card with some bigger
drives again as I'm running desperately short on space.

Phil

=20