Re: X10 - Lighting Dimmer Switch - USA - UK

  • Subject: Re: X10 - Lighting Dimmer Switch - USA - UK
  • From: Simon Pawson <simonp1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:24:27 +0000

I'd agree about avoiding them but for a more practical reason - I think
that US light switches have a neutral present where UK ones don't. I've
used the UK equivalent (LW10s) but they aren't so elegant and also have
a SS13. I'm thinking of a RW10 as I can't find a UK look-alike remote
switch that I can fit without chasing out walls.

I may risk low voltage non-CE marked equipment (the relays boards) to
drive indicator LEDs for status reporting - i.e. if the 'house empty'
macros are running.

Has anyone ever heard of someone not getting paid for an electrical fire
in their house?  I couldn't prove that everything in my house was CE
marked. I fact some of it predates CE marking.

Simon
In message <LPEOKMJHDNPEFBBEGENLIEMNEDAA.malcolm@xxxxxxx>, Malcolm
Surgenor <malcolm@xxxxxxx> writes

--