Re: Podcasts (was RE: (OT) New Ipod)

  • Subject: Re: Podcasts (was RE: (OT) New Ipod)
  • From: Don McAllister <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:15:54 +0000

Yup, that's right.

Best thing to do is wander over to:

http://www.podcastalley.com/

They have a directory of podcasts to subscribe to.

There are literally thousands to choose from. As a start I'd suggest
"The
Daily Source Code" from Adam Curry - basically the godfather of
podcasting
has produces a fairly entertaining 40 minute daily show.

You'll need a podcast client - either ipodder or doppler for the PC. I use
poddumfeeder on the mac.

Just to dispel a misunderstanding, you don't need an ipod to listen to
thes=
- they are usually bog standard MP3 files.

I've picked up an awful lot of information about the mac using them. There
is some complete dross out there but you'll soon pick up on your
favourites=
.
The problem is finding the time to listen to them as it's not something I
can do while working at the pc. Ideally, if you have a daily commute or do
=
lot of traveling they are ideal to listen to in the car or on the train!

Cheers
Don

On 23/2/05 8:25 pm, "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>=20
> I think I know what Podcasts are; basically a talk radio show that
someon=
> makes available for download, right?
>=20
> Unless I am missing something...
>=20
> Does someone have an example site they can forward over?  I feel like
I d=
id
> when I first heard of RSS and thought "Why would you want ANOTHER
source =
of
> information in a DIFFERENT program?" and now I can't like without
the fee=
ds.
>=20
> I feel so out of touch...
>=20
> Glenn
ca=
rry
> my podcasts around though
>=20
> Mind you, for an extra =A340 you can get a 4GB mini ipod...
>=20
> Then I could get a dock for the car.
>=20
> I've got a MP3 CD-R player for the car and I'm pretty pis**d off
burning =
CD-Rs
> for it.=20
>=20
> Of course, I need some sort of iPod now I've got my mac mini, plus the
ma=
> keyboard and iMic I bought today!
>=20
>=20
> Decisions, decisions :-)
>=20
> Don
>=20
>=20
> On 23/2/05 1:50 pm, "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> iPod photos are updated too - 30GB and 60GB at lower prices, new
>> slideshow transitions coming with new software in March and a new
>> digicam connecter to offload your digi-pics straight into your
iPod
>> photo also coming next month
>>=20
>>=20