Pir Probe update

  • Subject: Pir Probe update
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:28:04 +1100

Hi All
Just a little update on my pir probe......Up till now i have
referred to it as a occupancy sensor when in fact its a Vacany sensor
;-)....

Have got the pir head mounted in one of my video probe boxes and have
decided to put the timing electronics in a seperate box...Also decided to
use a pic micro to do the timing...This has got me thinking about having
several different sensing heads connected to the Vacany Sensor box.....

Have got the pir sensor triggering the Vacany Timer and the idea is to keep
retriggering this timer which will time out after 5 minutes.....Homevision
will poll the vacany sensor (via my Probe hub kit) every 5 minutes and if
off will decrement a variable till its zero and turn off lites......

Next Sensor head to add to the Vacancy Sensor is an infrared
receiver...This
will also retrigger the timer if any ir is received......Which i hope will
cover the situation were someone is not moving around but using the
remote....

Any ideas for other sensing heads ????

More Soon
Frank