RE: Re: What would you pay for a home automation package?

  • Subject: RE: Re: What would you pay for a home automation package?
  • From: "Paul Watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:47:28 -0000

Phil,

SWMBO's kitchen came from Magnet and given the almost frightening lack of
customer service I would be loathed to give them any more money ever!!

Don't get me wrong the kitchen is lovely but it cost nearly 15K by the time
it was fitted and tiled etc (and that's without granite or corian for the
worktops) and the service from Magnet / installer has been crap, we are
still waiting after nearly six months for some things to be fixed.

For the house I am renovating I have bought a reasonably cheap B&Q
kitchen,
although even they now offer all of the Magnet style cupboards i.e. magic
corner etc and also have the same sort of push in carousel that John Lewis
are knocking out at about a grand for a couple of hundred quid.

At certain stores B&Q have also launched what seems to be a new range
of
Kitchens called Premier or something like that, they may be worth a look.
They are also now doing a version of Corian and Granite worktops as well.

Just my 2p, no association with B&Q except it seems to be where I spend
mos=
of my wages these days!!

Paul