Re: (OT) Scanning

a> I have many hundreds of negatives I want to transfer to digital file
format.

a> I am currently using boots and its costing me alot, 2.50 for every
40pics

If you can get 40 images done for £2.50 and get acceptable quality,
you've got a bargain. It's not even worth wasting time thinking about
doing it yourself.

a> Is there a better way to do this ? I have a scanner but dont have the
time
a> to scan in all the negatives as it is very much a manual process with
my scanner.
a> Is there another company someone knows of or a automated machine that
will allow
a> me to just feed in the negatives ?

If you really want to do it yourself the Epson flatbed scanners do
quite a good job with film and the more recent ones have dust removal
software and will do multiple images at once. There's a review of the
4990 at http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

Bill