RE: Re: LD11 X10 Problem. Help needed!

  • Subject: RE: Re: LD11 X10 Problem. Help needed!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:54:10 -0000

Hi Darren

> Many thanks for the reply...Now it's funny you should mention a
> missing neutral as I discovered I forgot to connect a neutral from
> the 1st LD11 to the neutral bar! (why it ever worked I don't know!).
> Anyhow, things are better than they were but by no means working
> correctly. Now the problems I have are that my wall lights will only
> dim / brighten by successive presses on my keypad whereas they would
> normally brighten / dim smoothly by holding the button down. The
> last problem I have is that for some unknown reason one set of wall
> lights (on a different number) will not go on / off / dim  or
> brighten via X10...If I hook a piece of cable between '2' and Live
> in then it works fine. Right now I have the fuse out of this LD11 as
> I can't control it. In my celing I have two sets of LV lights on
> channel 4, these are (at the moment) controlled by 2 x LD11's (both
> set to 4) but they don't seem to work together. If I turn 4 off then
> both sets WILL go off but not if I dim / brighten.
>
> Any clues?

I suspect you still have a neutral problem.

Disconnect ALL the outputs from the LD11's

Connect a live feed to ONE of the loads at a time and check that ONLY that
load lights.

Repeat for ALL loads

Get a lampholder with a bit of flex and a 100W bulb

Check each LD11 is getting both Live and Neutral. There may be enough
voltage drop across the LD11 for it to operate via a switch but if the
neutral is missing it may not be "seeing" the X10 signal.

Test each LD11 independantly with the bulb as a load.

Fix any faults that you find

Then reconnect the loads back to the LD11's

If all the loads are OK and all the LD11's are OK then it SHOULD work!

Regards

Keith