Re: Slimserver Touchscreen

Dean Barrett wrote:
> Mark
>
> Whats wrong with the Slimserver touchscreen skin ? - i currently use
it on
> my Kiosk PC within XLobby and works ok.

It's not too bad...  But it requires more than 1024*768.  You shouldn't
really have to scroll on a touchscreen ;)  I don't want to bury the
15"
into the wall, it's too big really, so I'm on the lookout for 10"
v110s.
These only run at 800*600 so would be even worse with the slimserver
touch skin.

> Im awaiting delivery of an AirPanel 15" - i guess you are using
it via RDP
> and then viewing a browser screen ?

Indeed I am.  It seems to work pretty well.  You should be aware that
I've been described as "a serial optimiser".  Basically, I'm
never ever
happy and always have to tweak :)

> Cinemar seems to be the choice for many for the AirPanels - i believe
Kevin
> Hawkins hangs out there, as he does over at XLobby, so i'm hoping for
Xap
> integration into either of those which will be a great way of
controlling
> Slimserver.

Now that would be excellent!

> Or we should see Telcanto for PC Client soon which may be a good
> alternative.

Ahh, indeed yes, another potentially excellent solution.