Re: Russound 120v - 240v

Hi Frank

Took a few photos but couldn't get into the Photos section of UKHA_D -
seems to be an error for some reason.  In anycase, I couldn't
photograph the underside of the board to see what the tracks did.=20

However, there did not seem to be any 'complicated' components (i.e. a
step-up transformer) so I thought about your points and realised that
simplicity was probably the answer.

As it's pretty well fused and all are 250V rated, I took the chance,
switched to the 230v terminals, plugged in, switched on and..... it
worked.  Nothing went pop/bang, no smoke or hot smelly components.=20

So, it looks like this unit in internally configurable as it implies
(but gives no guidance to) in the instructions.=20

For anyone else, I picked this up on ebay amd it's possible that the
seller has some further units as the description implied he had more
than one (nothing up at present though).=20=20

It looks a superb unit for whole house audio where you have a pre-amp
solution (i.e. PC soundcard in my case).  Far more 'automation'
features than would normally be seen on a power amp. For example, auto
on/mute or 12v trigger; 6 50W stereo channels but A&B speakers on
each.  Bit of a bargain for under =A360 per stereo channel.

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>