RE: Do we all use more electricity ?

  • Subject: RE: Do we all use more electricity ?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:03:33 -0000

:-D
=20
> I thought it would be interesting to see what people are=20
> spending on electricity. I would guess as a group our usage=20
> would generally be higher than the national average against=20
> property sizes.
>=20
> I'll start the ball rolling, and see who spends the most :(
>=20
> 3 Bed Bungalow - Electric Cooking - 3 x PC's, CBus, Slimp all=20
> running 24/7,
> 6 Low Energy OS Lights we cant be *rsed to turn off...
> =A3100.00 per month.

4 Bed 1970 built semi...

Electric Cooking, at least 3 PCs, 2 hard disc towers, at least 2 printers
(minimum of 1 laser and 1 inkjet), HomeVision etc. on 24/7 and a big assed
AV amp that kicks out enough heat at everyday volumes to raise the
temperature in the living room by a couple of degrees which is running 8 or
9 hours a day. (At more enthusiastic levels it kicks out far more heat than
the cat can stand.)

Currently paying the leccy co. =A345 a month on one of their weird-assed
"always pay the same each month" plans but I reckon we're using
about =A353=
month as in a year they reckon we owe 'em =A3102 after a year.

Wifey reckons =A353 a month is obscene and we should sit around in the dark
with jumpers and coats on.

Phil