Latest message you have seen: Re: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

RE: Re: Do X10 Dimmers save electricity?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Do X10 Dimmers save electricity?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:12:35 -0000

=20

But the savings due to dimming are only worthwhile in the case of large
buildings - in a domestic environment it just isn't a valid argument. I
mean, consider a typical C-Bus installation in a typical house (if there is
such a thing) - let's say that costs even =A32k (unlikely)? =A32k will pay
=
my
electricity bill for nigh on 10 years at current prices and I know that
lighting isn't my biggest user of electricity. (The ruddy AV system, which
=
include the server as part of, is and that bitch can't be dimmed!)

Phil