Latest message you have seen: RE: The iPhone 4 - Our First Impressions, Good and Bad

Extensive re-wiring, update

  • Subject: Extensive re-wiring, update
  • From: Mark Kaye <mark.kaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:48:16 +0000

Phew...  Had Ben Addison round to take a look at the house.  I am having
4x CAT6 terminated next to 90% of the power points in the house.  95% of
the lighting rewired for C-BUS.  All cabling run in for alarm contacts
on windows and doors, PIRs and smoke alarms.  Wiring for Comfort keypads
(main entrance hall, east landing, west landing and kitchen).
In-ceiling speakers in kitchen, dining room, main bathroom, second
bedroom, master bedroom and en-suite.  6 gang C-BUS Saturn switches
everywhere except the lounge which will be a Saturn DLT.  Ben has quoted
for 4 8 channel dimmers and 1 8 channel relay module.

All this should be awesome but......

Is there anything else I should get run in while I'm at it?  I thought
about coax but my preference is to run all AV via UTP, so is it still
necessary?  What about additional CAT6 to lighting switch points?
Should I be thinking about doing this also?

Cheers,