RE: Re: Measuring my electricity consumption.....

  • Subject: RE: Re: Measuring my electricity consumption.....
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:56:20 -0000

I posted this to the UK_Selfbuild list recently:

66
I got my old spinny-wheel meter replaced  FOC when I complained it was
noisy (it actually *was* noisy BTW). I complained to my electricity
supplier and they organised it all. I don't know if it was one of their
guys or someone from National Grid that did the work though.

Also had my gas meter replaced (same reason, and ditto) and Transco did
that one.

As a side issue, are the old spinny-wheel meters true kWh meters or do
they assume what the voltage is and just measure current ? I also assume
that the electronic meters measure both, is that true ?
99

HTH,

Tim H.