Latest message you have seen: Re: Free....Sony Ericsson HBH 20 Bluetooth hands free pendant

Re: In-wall Touchscreen PCs

  • Subject: Re: In-wall Touchscreen PCs
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:23:46 -0000

> Can anyone think of another solution?  Perhaps a wall mounted PDA
with
> Telcanto?

Have you looked at Smart displays ?  Something like the Viewsonic
Airpanels (of which I have 3 !). Two are (going to be) wall mounted
and I have one that is a floating 'pick me up' panel that's great
for sitting watching TV while surfing (the web that is - they're not
waterproof - neither am I:))

Basically they are a 'thin' client that connect to a host server
using a remote desktop connection. Mine have Mainlobby running on
the host server for a nice GUI. I posted a screenshot here >>
http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?
t=644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
Since getting the Airpanels I've redone them all in 1024 X 768

I played with a few solutions before I got the Airpanels and they
just beat everything else I tried hands down - self contained
(including wifi) and a VERY high WAF.

I see there are a couple on ebay at the moment here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=5162271878&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
No affiliation etc etc.  I imported mine from the states.

Cheers
Kevin.