Latest message you have seen: Re: FREE TO A GOOD HOME APC UPS

Re: Controllable Radiator Actuators

  • Subject: Re: Controllable Radiator Actuators
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:48:01 -0000

Found following on a German site www.conrad.de or www.conrad.com

Article : 57 00 56 Stellantrieb (or Valve Drive)

Valve Drive =B0
Item-No. 57 00 56
Intended Use
The valve drive serves for adjusting valves on radiators. It receives=20
commands via radio signal
from the pertaining control unit, either alone or together with other=20
valve drives. The valve drive
converts these commands in the corresponding settings on the valve.=20
The radio controlled
radiator thermostat system serves for controlling the temperature in=20
individual rooms.
Regulation of the heat transmitted by the radiator takes place by=20
reducing the flow of the heating
water. The valve drive may not be used for any other purposes than=20
the ones stated in this
operating manual. Operation is only possible with the pertaining=20
control unit (all information
relating to the overall system are contained in the operating manual=20
of the complete system).

Maybe that helps.

rgds Rob.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Harrison (Groups)"
<mph@a...>=20
wrote:
> Mark Kaye wrote:
>=20
> >Does anyone know anything about the SmartKontrols radiator=20
actuators, or=20
> >if there is an alternative to them?  It strikes me that it
would=20
be=20
> >quite easy to homebrew something like this using some kind of=20
valve=20
> >actuator and dallas 1-wire temp sensors.  Wrap some control
logic=20
around=20