Re: [OT] ish: Need a new switch

  • Subject: Re: [OT] ish: Need a new switch
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:33:16 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "christopher purves"
<CHRIS_PURVES@M...> wrote:

> couldn't resist when I found the big red 'F' lights up - how
> cool will that look in my rack :)

Having specified lots of F5 kit over the years, I can tell you it
looks very cool.  I've not seen the exact model you've got, but if its
the same as the 2u stuff then the big red F is actually bulbus and
sticks out, and has a incandescent lamp behind it - none of your namby
pamby LEDs...  You can see it from the other end of the data centre!

That thing would certainly have cost well over 10K UKP new...