Re: Re: "new" X10 MT10 Bedroom Controller...

I'm the opposite - all I ever wanted was one that *doesn't* do the soft
start.  I've mentioned before on this list how soft-start is a pain when
used with a pull-cord (e.g bathroom), since people pull the cord again
(stopping the fade up) because the fade is slow enoough that they think
nothing has happened on the first pull.  With wall switches this isn't a
problem (you see the light fading up before you have time to go back to
push
the switch again - unlike a pull-cord which is already in your hand)

I would love it if the LD10 was still available.  I thought for a moment
that I might be able to modify an LW10 wall switch, but looking at the
pictures on various websites it appears that the button is a rocker with
separate fade up / fade down action, so not suitable for changing over to a
single pull cord :-(

Mal