All in one remote controls

  • Subject: All in one remote controls
  • From: Ho Yin Ng <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:08:31 +0000

Ok I have about 20 remote controls now and it is getting a bit silly.

A Pronto is a tad expensive for me, and I have an unused iPaq 5550.

I am considering using TV remote Controller for the iPaq as it can use the=
=20
Prontos CCF files.

However is the functionality of it the same as a pronto? I am a bit
worried=
=20
about the IR range, as I have heard that on this particular range of iPaqs=
=20
they weakened the IR signal? If so which iPaq has the strongest IR signal?

Or can anyone else recommend an all in one remote for less than =A3150?

SWMBO friendly? If she can't learn use it .. don't watch TV!

:-)

Thanks,

Ho yin

I seem to have about 20 remote controls now.

Neubula, LCD TV, Hifi, surround system etc etc.

I know everyone raves about the Pronto ... but it is too expensive for me.

I have an Ipaq 5550 which I now longer use, I have heard on this range
of=20
ipaqs the IR is too weak? Is this correct? Which ipaq give the best IR
rang=
e?

Does anyone use their ipaq as a remote daily? Is it easy to setup and=20
configure? Anyone use TV remote Controller?

Or can anyone recommend something cheaper than the Pronto?

I don't want to spend more than =A3150 max. And i don't want to have to
use=
a=20
stylus ... and it needs to be fairly SWMBO friendly ... though my SWMBO is=
=20
quite good with electronic devices so it is not too bad ..

Thanks,

Ho yin