Re: LED Lighting

  • Subject: Re: LED Lighting
  • From: "Alancc" <alan.cc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:45:48 -0000

Well the kit arrived.
Its well packed and presented, the documentation although poorly copied is
sufficient to get things working.
The Mirage LED modules are a bit larger than expected, the covers are held
on with silly torx screws, inside is a small fan over a heatsink, strange
for a device stated to have no moving parts, I am waiting for a call back
regarding this. When running it is noisy due to the fan, the colours are
good and bright, the beam patern is quite narrow though.
The tube is just a PCB with a row of LEDs, no electronics, these are all in
the power supply unit, this has no fan as it is only rated for up to 60
LEDs, again the colour is bright.
The CC2 controller is a silver touch panel, it has fixed DMX addresses at
001, 005, 009 and 013, the functions all seem to work OK but when first
turned on it seems to take a while for things to settle down.
It would have been nice to have an on off function instead of the sound to
light option, the only way to turn off the lights is to dim right down, not
sure if this is OK to leave like this for a long period of time.
All in all for the price it seems like a nice bit of kit, I will certainly
be ordering some more to complete my project.
Not knowing much about DMX I don't know how well the controller would work
with the cove lights but at the price it's worth a try.

Alancc