Re: OT: Dual/3 Head Graphics Card

  • Subject: Re: OT: Dual/3 Head Graphics Card
  • From: Ho Yin Ng <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:44:35 +0000

Currently I have a Geforce 6600GT Dual DVI

This runs a Sharp Aquos 26" LCD and a 17" TFT. In addition I have
another=20
Geforce 2 MX400 which just runs one other 17" TFT.

To be honest if you are happy with the graphics card you have in your=20
machine and you are not playing games on your second monitor you could
just=
=20
get a cheap secondhand PCI graphics card to run it.

Nice cheap and easy .. has no disadvantages to running a dual head, as
long=
=20
as you have a spare PCI slot.

My comp at work runs a second monitor with a secondhand Matrox PCI card
I=20
picket up from ebay for =A32.50.

Works fine. But no doubt you will want an all singing and dancing affair=20
and will be reluctant to go the cheapskate "ho yin" way.

Ho yin