RE: Re: Paging Comfort CWI Gurus...

  • Subject: RE: Re: Paging Comfort CWI Gurus...
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:22:01 -0000

Just ask away re the whole house audio stuff when you have questions :)

I did try VNC for a while but I found quite bad corruption in some of the
screen draws - didn't like it much :( I also tried everything else on the
market at the time. RD still is the nicest solution I found apart from this
screen locking issue. Maybe I'll look into it a bit more if I ever get
time!

Paul.

wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > I've been using Funk Proxy which is quite good - noticeably
slower
> than Remote Desktop though unfortunately but doesn't have the
> problem with locking the server screen after disconnection (and
> messing up TTS). It is quicker than PCAnywhere though.
> >
> > I moved over to the Neospeech voices a while ago - as good if not
> better than AT&T NV but load up quicker (NV has a bad habit of
> taking up to 30sec on my server to re-load and initialise after a
> few hours inactivity) - not good for real time use.
> >
> > Try the www.nextup.com web site - you can actually just buy the
> voices on their own (NV and Neospeech) and download them! The only
> place I've found that does this. Their support was quite good too.
> The Neospeech voices are just US ATM - but they did say they're
> working on a UK voice.
> >
> > Paul.

While

wrote:
> > > You might want to directly email Dan Hoenhen for help - he's
the
> > author and very helpful.
> > >
> > > www.customautomationtech.com
> > >
> > > Paul.

permissions,
> > > reinstalling IIS and starting again.
> > >
> > > I resorted to microsoft knowledge base (articles 255650
& 251361)
> > > which neatly explains the issue and tells you to use non-
> anonymous
> > > access. It worked ok locally (usual windows authentication)
but
> not
> > > from a remote machine. So I took this out.
> > >
> > > I've now resorted to setting the user for anonymous access
> the
> > > Administrator account. It works beautifully again.
> > >
> > > Only problem is that I think this may be a step too far in
terms
> of
> > > driving a coach and horses through security (not really sure
> about
> > > this - a little knowledge being dangerous). So, just in
case,
> I've
> > > closed down the external firewall for the time being.
> > >
> > > So... To the CWI gurus out there... Anyone got CWI on XP Pro
SP2