Re: MP3 downloading sites...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:59:19 -0000, Malcolm Lansell
<mlansell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've never had any problems.
> There are some "Russian Mafia" sites that rip off your card
details, but
> this isn't one of them.

When I started using allofmp3.com, several hundred dollars ago, this
argument was already raging. I think the conclusion at the time was
that aom itself and its payment merchant are legit, and that the
service they offer is legal under backwards-ass Russian law.

Nevertheless, I signed up to Cahoot specifically to use allofmp3,
because cahoot let you set up virtual one-time credit cards with
credit limits of your choosing - say $50.

I quite often get emails or irc msgs from colleagues asking me to look
for a tune for them on "mafia.ru" tho ;)

cheers

ant