Re: Cheap UPS at Ebuyer

Ahh, I see now why its only 60-80Watts.
Its always a problem when I'm asked how long will a UPS power=20
someones servers or PC.
I think of servers drawing between 100 to 250 Watts and PCs with a=20
monitor between 125 to 200 Watts (more for a top games/graphics PC).
As the power consumption varies so much, it's difficult to give=20
anyone an accurate runtime figure.  You can never have too much=20
runtime but you can have too little.
Andy

> It bobs about a bit, between 60W and 80w but  both the UPS and=20
Maplins=20
> plug-in power meter both report pretty much the same.
> The server  was built to run on as little juice as possible... :)
>=20
> Lee
>=20
> Andy Whitfield wrote:
>=20
> > 65Watts sounds rather low for a server.
> > Did you measure it?  Or are you going by what the UPS indicates
> > through Powerchute?
> > UPSs don't always indicate the correct load.
> > Andy

> > > Well, the APC UPS on My Little Server (TM), is a 500VA
one.=20
With a
> > 2GHz
> > > Athlon, 512M RAM, 1 hard drive, no DVD/CD, no keyboard,
no=20
mouse,
> > no
> > > monitor, onboard VGA low performance graphics and NO
MONITOR, it
> > draws
> > > about 65W on average and the runtime is about 29mins.
> > >
> > > I'm guessing that big CPUs, big graphics, and monitors
are=20
going to
> > > treble or quadruple the wattage and the runtime will drop
> > accordingly.

> > a "decent"

> > mins ? Not
it=20
wasnt a
> > complete

=A345=20
delivered.

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D1290eu9s2/M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.442002
> >=20
9/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1107371495/A=3D2044486/R=3D0/SIG=3D10s=
vm8ftb/
> > *http://www.theironshop.com>

> > subject=3DUnsubscribe>
Yahoo!=20
Terms of

> > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> > click here=20
> >=20
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D129m0iuo9/M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.442002
9/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1107388267/A=3D2044486/R=3D0/SIG=3D10s=
vm8ftb/
*http://www.theironshop.com>=20