RE: Re: Paging Comfort CWI Gurus...

  • Subject: RE: Re: Paging Comfort CWI Gurus...
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:01:03 -0000

Hi Richard,

I've been using Funk Proxy which is quite good - noticeably slower than
Remote Desktop though unfortunately but doesn't have the problem with
locking the server screen after disconnection (and messing up TTS). It is
quicker than PCAnywhere though.

I moved over to the Neospeech voices a while ago - as good if not better
than AT&T NV but load up quicker (NV has a bad habit of taking up to
30sec on my server to re-load and initialise after a few hours inactivity)
- not good for real time use.

Try the www.nextup.com web site - you can actually just buy the voices on
their own (NV and Neospeech) and download them! The only place I've found
that does this. Their support was quite good too. The Neospeech voices are
just US ATM - but they did say they're working on a UK voice.

Paul.