Re: Cheap UPS at Ebuyer

65Watts sounds rather low for a server.
Did you measure it?  Or are you going by what the UPS indicates=20
through Powerchute?
UPSs don't always indicate the correct load.
Andy

> Well, the APC UPS on My Little Server (TM), is a 500VA one. With a=20
2GHz=20
> Athlon, 512M RAM, 1 hard drive, no DVD/CD, no keyboard, no mouse,=20
no=20
> monitor, onboard VGA low performance graphics and NO MONITOR, it=20
draws=20
> about 65W on average and the runtime is about 29mins.
>=20
> I'm guessing that big CPUs, big graphics, and monitors are going to=20
> treble or quadruple the wattage and the runtime will drop=20
accordingly.
>=20
> Lee
>=20
>=20
> Dean Smith wrote:
>=20
> > Any rule of thumb for how long 650VA is likely to give for=20
a "decent"=20
> > PC....
> >   i.e. P4 3.2,  Nividia 6800GT, 1 x HDD + 17" TFT
> >
> >   is the 15 mins realistic - or is it more likely to be 2/3=20
mins ? Not=20
> > going
> > to be playing HL2 when the powers gone, but be nice if it wasnt
a=20
complete
> > panic ;-)
> >
> >   Think the server may get one of the 1200VA for =A345 delivered.
> >
> >   Dean

> > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> > click here=20
> >=20
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D1290eu9s2/M=3D283686.4531047.5839501.442002
9/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:HM/EXP=3D1107371495/A=3D2044486/R=3D0/SIG=3D10s=
vm8ftb/
*http://www.theironshop.com>=20