RE: MP3 downloading sites...

  • Subject: RE: MP3 downloading sites...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:46:30 -0000

A bit of a google turns up stuff like this...

http://www.mp3talks.com/archive/index.php/t-361.html

And stuff like...

"Maybe you guys should actually know what you are talking about,
before you
start speaking out of your arses. I've been using their site for over 8
months now, and it works great. I've given my credit card number to them,
and have yet to have those 'russian mafia' people scam me.

And it is completely legal. Russian copyright legislation allows phonograms
to be performed publicly without the authorization of the copyright owner
for broadcasting and cable transmission. (Article 39) The Internet could be
deemed to fall under this exemption. The copyrights involved have to be
pai=
to a collecting society.

Allofmp3 has signed agreements for this with Russian Organization for
Multimedia &amp; Digital Systems (ROMS). According to license =B9
=CB=D1-=
=C7=CC-02-36
the Internet-project www.allofmp3.com, has the right to use musical
compositions by providing downloads. Under the license agreement Allofmp3
pays out fees to ROMS for downloaded materials that are subject to the
Russian Federation Copyright And Related Rights Law.

ROMS is a member of CISAC (www.cisac.org) - the International confederation
of authors and composers societies. ROMS manages intellectual rights in the
Russian Federation. All third party distributors licensed by ROMS are
required to pay a portion of the revenue to the ROMS. ROMS in turn, is
obligated to pay most of that money (aside from small portion it needs for
operating expenses) to artists. Both Russian and foreign.

So in lamen terms for you simpletons. Allofmp3 has signed an agreement with
the Russian Govt to distribute music for a mere $.01 a MB. It is completely
legal and legit. Now, go back to your misinformed lives, and stop acting
like experts when you have no damn clue what you are talking about. I can't
stand incompetence."

It's a great read though when they start fighting amongst themselves. :-)

Phil
=20

been=20
> linked to the Russian Mafia and there is an increasing number=20
> of Russian run sites that don't pay the royalties and just=20
> line the pockets of the Mafioso!=20
>=20
> Well, well.......Looks like I'll have to stick to those=20
> Russian Bride sites
> ;-)
>=20
> Oh the same guy recommended this: http://www.slsknet.org/