From: "John B" <home-automation@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] LED Lighting

> Have a look at www.njd.co.uk, anyone used these?
> I have been looking at the mirage lights today, they are DMX
controlled.

Interesting find - I'm currently looking for a solution that will give me
some nice mood lighting with a choice of colour - this could be the answer.

The web site says that each head contains 171 LEDs - no idea how bright
that
will be in relation to normal halogen lighting though.

> Mirage LED light with built in PSU and DMX £100
> 450 mm LED tubes £30
> Tube PSU with DMX interface for up to 4 tubes £65
> CC2 4 channel wall controller £40 this looks quite cool.
> I will order some bits tomorrow and report back.

Who are you ordering from? I've found a supplier on the Net, but their
prices are considerably more than the ones you quoted above.

> Anyone know if it's possible to use Homevision to output a DMX signal
via
> an
> interface, this would give access to preset scenes etc.

As Frank says, the DMX512 serial controller from Milfords looks like a good
candidate.

If I am not mistakened, you can only have one master device driving the DMX
network, so you won't be able to use the CC2 controller and HV to control
the lights at the same time.

Regards,

John