RE: GPS opinions - Tom Tom vs the Navman iCN510

  • Subject: RE: GPS opinions - Tom Tom vs the Navman iCN510
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:21:27 -0000

The Palm version, and the new TomTom Navigator 2004 PPC are identical in
function and interface to the  the TomTom GO

I have the Palm version and save for a very occasional BT GPS connection
hiccup it works very well.

If it were me I'd plump for the Go -  I like the simplicity of the UI and
although it doesn't have advanced features, software updates to the engine
have so far been free...

It seems to always get rave reviews, and you could always ebay it
afterwards
and because they are so well known I don't think you'd loose much on it

[ There is a current project that have got Linux running on it so it's a no
brainer geek buy ;-) ]

www.pocketgps.co.uk  have reviews and help, along with user forums for all
the major GPS systems and a few of the minor ones too

HTH Dave