Re: Source of cheap SMALL 19" cabinet/rack?

  • Subject: Re: Source of cheap SMALL 19" cabinet/rack?
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:08:49 -0000

Hey,=20
Im having the same dilemna, Found a great reasonably priced rack on=20
ebay, 12U, floor/wall mount but not deep enough for me!
If I want one deep enough to take a560mm 4U server case like the one=20
in the Jukebox server article then I need a 600mm deep rack which=20
comes in at =A3400!!! No way am I spending that much! LOL

Anyone know of any other sources for either smaller server cases=20
(capable of taking 8 HD's) or cheaper bigger racks!!

Any links to the 19" side rails and things for making your own?
I'd=20
far rather buy one as I can expect a homebrew of mine to look a bit=20
pants!!

Cheers all

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Wayne <Wayne@p...> wrote:

> Hiya!
> real quick - what rack mount cases have you found?? kinda have a=20
space=20
> problem at the mo - and with the 'compaq' and 'dell' -=20
erm 'servers' (ok=20
> a sff compaq and desktop dell!) am running out of space!
>=20
> so open to ideas! oh btw - you can get the 19" side brakets if
you=20
> wanted to make the frame yourself (i've got a few that, when I get=20
round=20
> to it, will make a wooden frame and bolt them into it)
>=20
> Wayne.
>=20
> dermot_bradley wrote:
>=20
> >I'm still trying to decide where exactly to place my Node 0 but=20
I'm
> >certainly considering going rackmount with the new servers for it
> >(there's a neat rackmount case that takes *TWO* Mini-ITX boards=20
I've
> >seen). Racking things would certainly be neater and be better
for=20
dust
> >protection and noise damping.
> >
> >Let's Automate do some small 19" cabinets but these are
designed=20
for
> >wall mounting and looking at the pics don't seem to have any
back=20
on