Re: KAT5 Scart and IR Distribution

Hi Stuart

>I would now like to add
> 2 IR emmiters for the DVD and switcher.  Im not interested in zoning
> or anything like that, just to have the IR out of the KAT5 TX have 3
> outputs.  What would I need to accomplish this, as I think a complete
> FiRM setup would be an overkill.  Frank, would just a splitter do the
> job??

No you need to have some sort of a driver /amplifier as the output of KAT5
Tx unit is 5v ,which would be suitable for 2 ir emitters (in
series).....Not
sure if a xantech  amplified  block would work maybe someone else can
comment if using one with KAT5  ir?....seems even my FirM Jr might be
overkill ............as your only after tx ir...

http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/page8.html

HTH
Frank