RE: 7.1 AV amp recommendations?

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 22:08 +0000, White, Peter wrote:
> Thanks Stephen.  The 3805 looks interesting, if I can find one.  The
> 3806
> looks great, but too rich for my blood, unfortunately!  Do you know
> why none
> of the Denons are THX certified?  It doesn't bother me, but it just
> seems
> unusual considering the competitor products generally are at this
> price
> point.

Peter,

It may be worth mentioning that my local HiFi dealer has recently
stopped selling Denon kit. I know one of the owners quite well, and
asked him why.

It turns out that they had "high" failure rates on Denon kit, but
didn't press him on what "high" meant.

My own experience of Denon kit is good - I have a DVD player and a power
amp of theirs, and have not had any trouble, nonetheless a sample size
of 2 items of kit is, as ever, not significant.

Mark