RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes

  • Subject: RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:58:18 -0000

I must be just lucky, then, I guess.

I've got a "man sized" iPod and the wife's got a Mini.

Absolutely no trouble with iTunes on either a desktop or the two TabletPCs.
I can't say that I've noticed any significant slowdown and we tend to have
iTunes running most of the time. Go figure?

IIRC, iTunes transcodes as it downloads to the Shuffle, which would account
for increased CPU usage during synchronisation.

Proprietary, it may be, but with the amount of industry-wide support, iPod
is a de-facto standard. How many cars next year will have native support
for
controlling a Q-Be, I wonder?

Sad fact: the primary reason I chose the iPod is because of the range of
accessories I could get for it :-)

Cheers,
Steve