RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes

  • Subject: RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:42:14 -0000

Hi Andy

Ah yes saw that book on Amazon and nearly got it myself :-)

>> is the software tied to the shuffle?

IIRC its only the software that comes with the iPods that require a
serial for the install. If you dload from the apple web site it wont ask
you for an ipod serial. Which I guess makes the process even more stupid
than printing the serial so small ;-)

>>the iTunes software just seems to chew up all the cpu, especially
when
playing a track - Is this normal?

Yes, Itunes is a CPU killer IMHO, ripping, playing or anything is fine
provided you don't want to do much else with your PC! I'm not sure if
its psychological but whilst playing if you minimise itunes to the
system tray it seems to have less effect. No doubt it's a delight on a
MAC ;-)

>> Can multiple shuffles share the same itunes software?

Yes, stick a new shuffle in the USB port, it will say "hey your
new"
give it a different name "Wifeys Shuffle" and they each can share
the
same library. Our single library is shared between a 40gb ipod, my 'gym'
shuffle and the wifes 'housework' shuffle :-).

What you cant do is move one shuffle between two libraries.

HTH

Rob