RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes

  • Subject: RE: iPod Shuffle / ITunes
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:30:05 -0000

Hi Andy

> 1. When they sell ipod shuffles they should include a f***ing
> microscope so that you can read the serial number on the back of
> the shuffle that the itunes software needs to install itself.

I had EXACTLY the same problem when I bought an iPod Mini for Sharon.

> 2. Why, for the love of God, does it need to reboot my sodding
> machine

Dont talk to me about software that needs to reboot :(

Amber got a toy digital camera for christmas and after I installed the
software it insisted on rebooting. It didnt shut down cleanly so the
machine
had to scandisk on the way back up.

I tried out the camera and all seemed to be working OK (although as
expected, the picure quality is total crap). Logged off and logged on as
Amber. Software doenst work. Says it doesnt have the device or driver
installed although it did detect the camera. Tried to install the software
but because Amber is a limited account it wont let me, but also doesnt give
me the opportunity to log on as Administrator. This means I have to change
Amber to an Admin, install the software, then change the account back to a
limited one.

> Can multiple
> shuffles share the same itunes software? Since I had to use the
> serial number on the install, is the software tied to the shuffle?

Not sure on that as I dont have an iPod myself but if Sharons iPod is in
the
docking station charging when I log on, the software pops up and I can see
her library even though I hadnt ever used the software. It also takes
forever for me to log on if the iPod is docked.

The idea of a shared machine is Ok but the implimentation of it is far from
perfect.

Sods law dictates that Software that you want eveyone to use will only get
installed for the person who installed it yet software that is only needed
by one person will get installed for everyone!

BTW. Anyone know how to log on as Administrator on a Windows XP Pro machine
that ISNT in a domain ?

The welcome screen only has icons for the other users.

Regards

Keith