RE: [OT] Large monitor required

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Large monitor required
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:37:31 -0000

> It may, however, be worth your joining your local FreeCycle group.
> FreeCycle is a grassroots movement of people who offer stuff for free
on
> a "if you can pick it up, you can have it" basis. It was
originally set
> up as an environmental movement in the States, and has grown to
> something, well, terribly useful - both for getting rid of old stuff
> that's "too heavy to eBay", and for finding stuff you need.

NO!!!!  Freecycle is the work of the devil !!!!

I joined to try and clear some of the stuff from my garage but I have come
to the conclusion that by the time "I" am prepared to
"throw" something away
it really is only suitable for the tip.

I offered several items and the only thing that ever got a response was
some
partially used and brand new cartridges for a Lexmark printer. (in fact
that
got LOADS of replies within a couple of hours)

So why do I consider Freecycle to be the work of the devil.... because far
from clearing stuff from my garage I have added to it.

2 signal generators
1 bench power supply
1 CD Jukebox in need of repair
1 SKY minidish

Great idea in principle but you need a LOT OF WILLPOWER to stop yourself
from getting more stuff that you dont really need just because you can...

...Not that much different to UKHA_D then :)

Keith