Re: [OT] Large monitor required

Mark

What a flippin good idea!!!!

I've got a load of stuff (kids toys etc) that will fetch next to nothing
on eBay so I can't be ar$ed to take pictures, list it, get the money via
Paypal and then trek to the post office all for tuppence, but it's all
too go to be skipped.

Thanks for the info, I've joined the Guildford group.

Cheers

Neil

Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 16:15 +0000, Ho Yin wrote:
>

>>Anyone in the Londonish area have a large monitor they want to get
rid of?

>>Anything over 17" will do.
>>
>>Needs to be in working order and not be fuzzy like the one I have
at the
>>moment - it is doing my eyes in!
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Ho yin
>>

>Ho Yin,
>
>Alas, I gave away my old monitors last year :-(
>
>It may, however, be worth your joining your local FreeCycle group.
>FreeCycle is a grassroots movement of people who offer stuff for free
on
>a "if you can pick it up, you can have it" basis. It was
originally set
>up as an environmental movement in the States, and has grown to
>something, well, terribly useful - both for getting rid of old stuff
>that's "too heavy to eBay", and for finding stuff you need.
>
>You CAN post "I'd like a..." messages on most groups (each
local area
>has its own mailing list), but most people seem to prefer it to be
>driven by "offers" and frown on people who ask for stuff
without making