Fuller UK Z-Wave Range on the way

  • Subject: Fuller UK Z-Wave Range on the way
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:06:01 -0000

We've just received an update from ZenSys on the availability of new UK
Z-Wave products. The bad news is there's not much firm information yet. The
good news is they are working on full range of products for the British
market...

"Unfortunately I do not have a lot of news for you, since most of what
know from our Z-Wave Partners about their product plans is covered by the
mutual NDAs that we normally sign. But you can be sure that we work
diligently on getting a fuller range of Z-Wave enabled products for the UK
market. I know it is frustrating for your readers and Home Automation
enthusiast, that so few products are available, but it takes quite a long
time to develop a new product line and as they say - Rome wasn't build in a
day.

The problem we face in Europe is of course the many different regional or
even country specific standards, which makes it harder for the various
market players to put together a business plan, since the customer base
they
can address is of course much smaller than in the US, where more than a
hundred different products are available now, and twice that many will be
available by summer of next year...

As soon as we have more news I will let you know immediately, and I would
like to take this opportunity to thank both you and the Automated Home
users
for your continuing support of Z-Wave, and for the many test and
evaluations
your users have made, and for the valuable feedback our Z-Wave Partners
gets
from "Super Users" like yourself.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1639.html

M.