RE: Home VPN - Hamachi

> Except you need to go via their server to connect.. there
> appears to be no direct connection option - ie ip <-> ip -
> why would I want to have a 3rd party involved in any way in my vpn?

"Hamachi is secure. All Hamachi communications are encrypted and
authenticated with industry-standard algorithms and protocols. Nobody will
be able to see what two Hamachi peers are talking about. Not even us."

If it gets the thumbs up from Steve "Mr Security" Gibson, I
imagine it's
secure..

As for the reason - the advantage of this is supposed to be that it's
"Zero-configuration VPN".  What that means in practise I have no
idea.

M.