VB 2005 express

  • Subject: VB 2005 express
  • From: "Paul Smith" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:28:39 -0000

Hi Guys,

Anyone here using VB 2005, I'm rather new to this. I used
vb6 to build 2 apps which monitor the pins on a serial port to record
the flashes from my electric meter. However due to a hard disk failure I
have lost vb6 and all the code I wrote. So I have download vb 2005
express and am trying to get this to do the same as I now have a water
meter which will pulse for each litre. I could do with some help as this
is a very basic app but I get an error which I don't under stand.

With in the event trigger by a pin changing on the serial port should
update a text box on the form, but I get and error saying I can't do
this as the thread is not the one the form was created by. Can anyone
shed some light on this.

I can send over the code it that would help.

Regards,

Paul