Re: KeyRack Project

> Carry quite a few keys myself and quite surprized how well the the
3.5mm
> socket retains the plug..

Yeah but how reliable is it going to be over time?  I'd rather go the route
of passive RFID tags or something instead.  That way there's nothing heavy
or bulky that would have to get added to the keyrings and no physical
connections.  The physical connections would bug me.  I've got a nasty
habit
of grabbing the keys in a hurry.  I could well see wrecking that plug.
That
and it's been bad enough just getting the wife to put her keys on a
pegboard, let alone even in one place consistently.  Asking her to plug 'em
in wouldn't exactly add to the marital bliss factor.  But a passive tag
that
a placement area could detect would work wonders.  Like being able to
detect
she's home and based on the time of day/week automagically trigger some
actions.

I've just started using some new Uniden 5.8ghz cordless phones that
automagically detect my cell phone via Bluetooth (after pairing of course)
and use it for in/outbound calling in addition to the landline.  THIS got
the wife's attention on the "hey, that's cool" scale.  The only
trouble, of
course, is only my phone does Bt and Nokia's not making a new cameraphone
replace her 3200-series.  It's always *something* isn't it?

-Bill Kearney