RE: X10 Micromodule Reliability?

  • Subject: RE: X10 Micromodule Reliability?
  • From: "Craig" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:52:38 -0000

> In the 4 months or so I have had them running I have had 2 failures.
>
> I have several DIN/plug in modules installed, some for a few
> years and I have not had anything fail until now.

Im hoping to start using these modules, replacing existing plugin
appliance modules, mainly to get rid of the relay 'clunk' when they turn
off/on.

Steve - What load are your micro modules switching? Also, do they have
builtin fuses, similar to the plugin modules?

Reason I ask, is they are designed to be used behind a switch/socket,
its not clear what rating of MCB is required to protect these
micromodules. Can they be connected to a ring main protected by 32A MCB,
or can they only be used on a 6A lighting circuit?