Re: [OT] Water Conditioners...

Thanks everyone for your replies...
Basically I have reached the following...

1/ 'Washing machines live longer with calgon!' = Hogwash!! (the 'empty
cycle' would do the trick here!)
2/ I think the jurys still out on the water conditioners (the electronic
gismo's) although I am kinda edging to not bothering with those now,
just doesn't 'feel' right.
3/ 'Proper' fitted water filter, If I understand this correctly then,
not only do you need to get this fitted professionally (I'm not allowed
to do plumbing :)), you also need to have a 'drinking' feed fitted that
isn't softened. Don't think SWMBO will go for that - the kitchens not
been done /that/ long ago!

Anyways thanks again to all!

Wayne.