Re: New Media Server....What about Mac based?!

  • Subject: Re: New Media Server....What about Mac based?!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:08:19 -0000

that might be worth hanging on for.
any details on how one creates a raid 5'd firewire array?!?

any idea when the mac minis are set for replacement? i know its almost
on a set replacement cycle with apple but im not sure where we up to
with the minis!?

sorry for this....OT.....(just flicked onto alias and good god is
Jennifer Garner hot! :) )

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Russ Spooner <spooner@g...> wrote:

> I think with Frontrow 2 and a firewire array, you should be pretty
much set.

> It is currently rumoured that the new Minis (due to be announced
pretty
> soon) will be intel based and more designed for media applications
than
> anything else, with the added bonus of having an iPod dock built in!
>
> Plus they are purty.
>

> Russ
>

> On 5/12/05 4:04 pm, "noel_pilot" <HA@a...> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> > well we're talking about media servers and as I've filled 300Gb
in
> > less than a month ripping my Dvds and well on the way to my
second
> > (even tho it hasn't arrived yet, its nearly full!!) I thought I'd
ask
> > this....
> >
> > Is there any way I could go about using a Mac as a media server
i.e.
> > some kind of external drive holder that could connect to the Mac?
 Im