Re: [OT] Water Conditioners...

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Water Conditioners...
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <those@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 08:53:28 -0000

You should be able to gate your hardness rating from your water
company. All the dishwashers (I know yours is a washing machine but
you get the point) I've ever bought have a little dial in them that
needs to be set to the hardness of your water (something to do with
salt dosing I think). Can't remember the scale (sorry) but it's
named after some German guy from memory.

With regards to the conditioners, we've always used the WaterImp,
but does it work? Sorry, but no idea how you could tell. All I could
say is that to date we've never had a machine (dishwasher or washing
machine) fail from scaling problems.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Wayne <Wayne@p...> wrote:

> Hiyall,
> Further to the recent replacement of our washing machine (as the
other
> decided that it wanted to eat our clothes and make funny noises!)
we