RE: single & earth??? wiring help needed!

  • Subject: RE: single & earth??? wiring help needed!
  • From: "JT @ Home" <Jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 20:00:03 -0000

Its his sisters property (which she owns - whilst his property is in
Scotland) which I understand will allow this to be all legit?

I managed to sort it out in the end.

The wiring in the house is in a bit of a mess, its an ex local authority
and
seems to have been messed about with over the years. I found the t+e that
came up from the ground floor, tapped into this, and ran the cable to the
new fitting. Everything works perfectly. The issue with confusion arose due
to the bedroom light fitting having red's either side (connected to the
live, and to the neutral, but obviously one of the reds is a neutral) and
the light switch had connections to l1 & l2 - but no 2way switching.

After discussion with my sparky mate, it looks like the house is going to
be
re-wired next year... one thing for sure, I'm not going in the loft, itchy
doesn't come into it!
Jonathan