Re: [OT]ish Good remote desktop viewing s/w?

The version of VNC I use now and then allows a view only password and an
allow control password - a java plugin that works in a browser window.

I personally find the screen update on VNC a pain - for example the log
display of Homeseer can update but the VNC client does not re-fresh until
you scroll or move a window.

I guess that does not really help you much!

On 12/2/05, Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) <haweste@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> MS NetMeeting (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netmeeting/)?
> We use this quite extensively at work (internally) but it can be
> configured to accept external connections (not sure how though).
>
> Or one of the VNC incarnations e.g. TightVNC (www.tightvnc.com) with
> this the remote PC can just open a browser session, or they can
install
> s/w if they wish.
>
> AFAIK both the above are free. pcAnywhere might also be an option
> (http://tinyurl.com/axbr5) but
it's chargeable.