Latest message you have seen: RE: Strong stick no-residue tape

Re: Pulsed water meter - what are the wires for ?

  • Subject: Re: Pulsed water meter - what are the wires for ?
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:49:48 +0000

Gotcha - will do and thanks for the help. I had been reading about hall=20
effect sensors and I think thats what you are describing. The meter must=20
have both .... a pulsed output driven by the magnet on the dial but also a=
=20
volatage generated by the flowing water itself.

Chris

>From: YAP <x112358@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Pulsed water meter - what are the wires for ?
>Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:42:41 +0200
>
>I asked them and this is the answere I got:
>---
>They will be despatching a pulsed output
>
>If the meter is fitted and water flowing through a voltage will be
>despatched
>Best route is to put a voltmeter across to determine which ones
despatch=20
>the
>pulse
>---
>

>/Ake
>
>On 8/25/05, christopher purves <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hmm thanks for the info. I wonder why it might need power ?
Sounds like=
=20
> > should attach the blue and brown to my logger.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > >From: "Stuart Worrall" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Pulsed water meter - what are the wires
for ?
> > >Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:21:44 +0100
> > >
> > >Spoke to a guy from the leakage team in work today.
> > >
> > >They use Kent meters with two wires on.  He did say though
that he's
> > >previously seen a four wire meter.
> > >
> > >Black and Red for power from a logger and apparently the
other two wer=
e=20
>for
> > >opposite flows as the meter is bi-directional.  Not sure if
this will=
=20
>apply
> > >to yours though.

> [...]