Latest message you have seen: Improving the picture from video card

Re: MCE and "choppy" TV playback...

Hi Phil

contig.exe from www.sysinternals.com is a small free command line
defragmentation tool, that can be run as a scheduled task.

I schedule it to run every night and it keeps my disks nice and fast
and frag free. I have created a batch file called runcontig.bat
containing...
contig c:\*.* -s=20
contig d:\*.* -s=20

The scheduled task just runs the batch file. Well I actually call
runcontig.bat > contig.log so I can keep an eye on it periodically.

I haven't used this specifically on MCE, but I use it on all my
windows machines...

sysinternals.com also have a utility called PageDefrag, which
defragments your pagefile and other system files. Configure this to
run at every boot - it usually only takes a few seconds.

Patrick