Latest message you have seen: RE: Autoglide & X10

About to embark on a Geovision setup, pointers ?

  • Subject: About to embark on a Geovision setup, pointers ?
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:50:40 -0000

Hi all,
Due to beginning a new job in 3 weeks time, I had some spare time
finally on my hands and have put up my cctv cameras.

I've got 2 static cameras and a Pan Tilt Zoom jobby all up and in
place now.
I have a Geovision GV650 Card, and i think version 6.11 software.

I wondered if anyone could given any pointers on best way to acheive
the following :

Being able to view images on internal network from the cameras (On
standard XP clients and also on Win MCE2005)

Being able to view images over the internet (stills are fine for this)

Being able to view images on my Ipaq (internal wireless or again via
external webpage etc)

The server I have the capture card in runs Win2k in workgroup mode
and is in the DMZ and also runs Homeseer webserver which is now
working happily.

Should I be looking to upgrade the software as iirc version 7 is
available.
I tried RemoteView install and just comes up with error messages etc.
I also considered audio feed, but none of my cameras have audio, so
is it possible to just link in a microphone to GV etc ?

Any advice or pointers before i embark on this would be very helpful.

Cheers
Geraint.